Direct-On-Line (DOL) Starters
Customization for Virtually Any Application
DOL Starters starting at only $55.40! Configure below.
Not ready to buy yet? Request your free samples, today!
- Open-style starters consist of either a Series 300 Contactor & Series 320 Overload Relay, or a Series 330 Motor Protection Circuit Breaker & Series 300 Contactor.
- Enclosed starters come pre-wired with a variety of pilot device options.
- Factory assemblies provide the convenience of a single catalog number and shorter control panel bill of material.
- Shipping Notice: We assemble, test and ship our Series E620 & E630 Starters within 3 days, including legend plates, and confirm every order ensuring accuracy.
Top 5 Best Sellers
- MPCB+Contactor Assembly: 40A, 24VAC, 1NO Aux., 25-32A, Trip Ind. Aux.
- MPCB+Contactor Assembly: 9A, 24VDC, 1NO Aux., 1.6-2.5A, 1NO+1NC Front Mount Aux.
- MPCB+Contactor Assembly: 9A, 24VDC, 1NO Aux., 4-6.3A, 1NO+1NC Front Mount Aux.
- MPCB+Contactor Assembly: 12A, 110/120VAC, 1NO, 6.3-10A, 1NO+1NC Front Mount Aux.
- MPCB+Contactor Assembly: 32A, 24VDC, 1NO, 20-25A
Configure Your Item Here
Reduce Your Costs And Enhance The Features And Performance Of Your Equipment
c3controls’ assembled starters are compact in size, are easy to install, and provide reliable and accurate protection against overload and phase loss conditions. Power and control circuit terminals are readily accessible for easy wiring, while shared accessories enable starters to be customized for virtually any application. Our enclosed starters are factory wired and engineered to save you valuable panel space, cost, and time during installation.
A Wide Range of Features, Functionality, And Performance For The Most Demanding Applications
The features, performance, overload and short circuit protection, small size and ease of installation of our Direct-On-Line (DOL) Starters will help reduce total installed costs and enhance equipment functionality.
620 Contactor + Overload Relay Assemblies
- Four (4) frame sizes for devices rated from 9A to 105A. Starter rated 15HP @ 460V (11kW @ 400V) are only 45mm (1-49/64”) wide reducing panel area requirements – smaller enclosures can be used for lower installed costs
- Compact size – devices rated 25A include 3 power poles that are 45mm (1-49/64”) wide reducing panel area requirements – smaller enclosures can be used for lower installed costs
- AC and DC operating coils for control circuit application flexibility. 50A to 105A DC operated devices feature electronic coil control.
630 Motor Protection Circuit Breaker + Contactor Assemblies
- Designed for optimum performance in multi-motor installations, and can achieve Type 2 coordination in circuits capable of delivering up to 50kA at 460V
- Compact size – only 45mm (1-49/64”) wide up to 20HP @ 460V (15kW @ 400V) to minimize the amount of panel area required
- UL Listed Type E devices are available
- The “ON/OFF” manual operator enables individual motor circuits to be easily isolated without having to disconnect all of the circuits in a control panel
- Trip indicating auxiliary contacts can be used to identify the trip cause – overload (1 NO and 1 NC) or short circuit (1 NO and 1 NC), to help determine the type of service/maintenance that may be required
- Snap-on accessories are easily installed without the use of tools, lowering assembly and installation costs
- 630 accessories include standard auxiliary contacts, trip indicating auxiliary contacts, shunt and undervoltage release modules, and many wiring accessories such as commoning links and feeder terminals for easy distribution of power to multiple motor protection circuit breakers
E620 Contactor + Overload Relay Assemblies
- Five (5) frame sizes for devices rated from 9A to 65A. Starters rated 15HP @ 460V (11kW @ 400V) are only 45mm (1-49/64”) wide reducing panel area requirements – smaller enclosures can be used for lower installed costs
- A wide variety of AC and DC operating coils for control circuit application flexibility. 50A to 80A DC operated devices feature electronic coil control.
- The cover mounted reset push button allows the starter to be reset from outside the enclosure
E630 Motor Protection Circuit Breaker + Contactor Assemblies
- Reduced panel area for lower installed costs—three (3) contactor frame sizes directly interchangeable with other manufacturers
- Contactor provides repeated ON/OFF switching for the motor, and the motor protection circuit breaker includes both a Class 10 thermal and magnetic trip elements for overload and short circuit protection of the motor and motor branch circuit conductors
- Red/Yellow or Black/Grey Operating Handles that can be padlocked in the “OFF” position with up to three padlocks for extra safety and the security needed during maintenance activities
E630 Motor Protection Circuit Breaker + Contactor Assemblies - Type E
- UL 60947-4-1 Self-protected combination motor controller integrates protective functions into a single unit suitable for use in circuits delivering up to 50kA at 480V.
- Type E devices provide motor disconnecting means, branch short circuit and ground fault protection, motor control and motor overload protection, reducing size and eliminating upstream fuses or circuit breakers for a motor circuit
Optimal Performance And Safety
Designed to provide reliable and accurate protection against overload and phase loss conditions and are ideal for use in group motor installations. They’re perfect for where panel space is a premium and device modularity is a must.
UL Listed and CE marked, our Direct-On-Line (DOL) Starter Assemblies and Enclosed DOL Starter Assemblies are designed to perform in a broad range of applications.
High Fault Short Circuit Current Rating
High fault short circuit current rating of 100kA @ 480V and 600V with Class J Fuses for Series 620 and 50kA @ 480V for Series 630, providing safety and reliability in high fault applications.
IP20 guarded terminals with dual terminal markings prevent accidental contact with live parts.
High-visibility labels and markings. Dual IEC and NEMA terminal markings for easy wiring anywhere in the world.
Removable and replaceable identification marker, standard on all c3controls’ Series 620 and 630 DOL Starters, simplifies troubleshooting in panels with many devices.
Easy to Install
35mm DIN rail mounting for fast and easy installation and removal, or panel mounting with mounting feet for more secure installation in high shock and vibration applications.
Ask Our Experts – Customer Support and Engineers At Your Service!
Got questions? Our Customer First and Product Specialists welcome the chance to discuss your needs and answer your questions. Call 724.775.7926 or email us.
Industrial Control Basics: Part 3 – Starters
Factory automation begins and ends with motors. Starting and stopping electric motors. Nothing happens until something moves from A to B. That’s what we use electric motors for. This paper on Starters will provide you with not only basics, but also talks about the different types and their advantages.
The Basics of a Motor Starter
A motor starter is an electrical device that controls the power for starting a motor. This video outlines the basics of a motor starter, contactor and overload relay, and their functions.
There are two major types of motor starters – manual and magnetic motor starters. Watch this video to understand the motor starter features, types of circuits, wiring methods, standards & ratings.
The Types of Magnetic Motor Starters
Magnetic motor starters provide a safe and effective way to start & stop a connected motor. The second video in our motor starter series will help you to understand the basic types of magnetic motor starters, their working principles, circuits and advantages. For more information on Motor Starters, be sure to watch this video and to check out our other videos on Motor Starters.
The Fundamental Functions of a Motor Starter
A motor starter is a device, which controls the electrical power and provides starting current & overload protection. There are four fundamental functions of a starter – control, short-circuit protection, overload protection & disconnecting-breaking. Watch this video to understand each motor starter function in detail along with its beneficial features and operations.
Motor Starter Ratings
Motor starter ratings depends on various factors such as thermal & continuous current, motor voltage, and power. These ratings are based on the size & types of the loads they handle. Motor starters comply with the ratings from UL, CSA, IEC & NEMA. c3controls specializes in IEC. The rating standards help you to select the motor equipment for your needs. Watch this video to understand the rating standards of motor starters.
eBook: Electric Motor Control Basics
Despite all the inventions and advances in automation, it all (usually) gets down to spinning an electric motor. Using electric motors in automation is basic, but what are The Basics of Electric Motor Control? We have assembled some of our best technical papers to answer that question, and to provide a handy review.
- Industrial Control Basics: Part 1, Contactors
- Industrial Control Basics: Part 2, Overload Relays
- Industrial Control Basics: Part 3, Starters
- The Benefits of Type E/F Motor Protection Circuit Breakers
- Wiring a Three Phase DOL Starter Control of an Electric Pump
- Applying Motor Control in a Wastewater Application
- NEMA vs IEC Motor Controls
- Understanding IP Ratings
Explore Our Family of Products
Download our comprehensive, user-friendly product catalog today!